Ethanol blending target (2023 -2025)
- Oil marketing companies (OMCs) receive 45% of contracted 514 crore litres of ethanol for the ethanol supply year (ESY) 2022-23 ending October.
- Blending ethanol with petrol to burn less fossil fuel while running vehicles.
- The Current Ethanol Blending Ratio is 10%; the Current year target is 12%.
- Less polluting fuel, lower cost, energy security, transitioning to a low carbon economy, enabling local enterprises and farmers to participate in the energy economy.
- Estimated $4 billion per annum saving with 20% ethanol blending
- National Policy on Biofuels 2018, E100 Pilot project, Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana 2019, Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO); a pilot project for E20 fuel launched recently.