Top 5 key takeaways from agricultural exports data:
- India’s farm trade surplus was lower in 2022-23 than in the previous year from $17.82 billion to $17.46 billion.
- Its agri exports are powered by marine products, sugar, and rice; global prices and domestic food inflation could be key factors this fiscal.
- India’s agri-commodities more globally price competitive, exports also soared to $41.90 billion, $50.24 billion and $53.15 billion during last three years.
- India’s agricultural exports are poised to scale a new peak in the financial year ending March 31, 2023.
- The government has set an ambitious target of doubling farmers’ income.