CTET stands for Central Teachers Eligibility Test. It is a common recruitment exam which is conducted every year for the recruitment of Primary & Elementary Stage teachers. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the exam conducting body for this examination. CTET is organised on a vast scale covering around 112 cities in 20 languages to recruit teachers in Central & Government Schools. According to the latest update, CTET Recruitment Notification 2020 has been released.
CTET Recruitment Notification 2020 is released as per the latest update. Thereafter, you can find all other official details regarding CTET Recruitment 2020 including the vacancies, exam pattern, syllabus & selection process here.
What is CTET Exam?
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national level exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) twice a year to shortlist candidates for appointment as teachers in classes I to VIII. There are two CTET test papers in the exam, that is, Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates who plan to teach classes I-V need to give Paper-I and candidates who plan to teach classes VI-VIII need to take Paper-II.
More About CTET 2020
- Candidates must fulfill CTET Eligility Criteria laid down by CBSE.
- The exam is conducted in two papers. Paper 1 is to become primary teacher while Paper 2 is to become an elementary teacher.
- The syllabus includes Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1 and 2, Social Studies, Environmental Studies, Mathematics and Science. Owing to the boost in number of registrations in July session, CBSE has decided to conduct the exam in 110 cities across India.
- The qualifying marks in CTET is 60% for General category and 55% for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates scoring more than 60% marks in Paper 1 or Paper 2 will be awarded with.