SSC CGL – Exam Details, Eligibility, Exam Pattern And Syllabus
SSC CGL Exam 2020
Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year in India. The SSC CGL Recruitment exam is conducted for the post of Non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted positions in different departments/ministries/organizations of the Government of India. SSC CGL job is an important part of the functioning of the bureaucracy. Once you qualify the exam, you are hired under Group ‘B’ or Group ‘C’ posts. Earlier, the SSC has released the SSC CGL Recruitment Notification 2019 and the application process concluded on 25th November 2019. The exam takes place in 4 Tiers. The SSC CGL Tier-I exam took place from 3rd to 9th March 2020. The SSC CGL Tier-II is scheduled from 14th to 17th October 2020. While the Tier-III & IV exam dates will be declared later. This article will take you through the SSC CGL Recruitment Notification in detail. Go through the SSC CGL Vacancies, SSC CGL Eligibility, Exam Dates, the Application process, SSC CGL exam pattern, and selection process in the information below. Moreover, also note the SSC CGL admit card, result, and other details that will help you successfully complete the SSC CGL Recruitment process.
SSC CGL exam is conducted for the recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL Official Recruitment PDF – Click Here!
|Exam Name||SSC CGL Recruitment Exam|
|Full-Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Dates||SSC CGL Tier I: 3rd to 9th March 2020
SSC CGL Tier-II: 22nd to 25th June 2020(old dates)
14.10.2020 to 17.10.2020 (New revised dates)
SSC CGL 2019 Recruitment Notification – Vacancies
The Commission has announced the SSC CGL Recruitment 2019 vacancies. There’s a total of 8582 Vacancies available to be filled in. The General Category total vacancies are 3674. There’s a decrease in the number of vacancies as compared to last year. Check the following table to get the exact number of SSC CGL Vacancies 2019.
|Post Code||Name of Post||Total Vacancies|
|1||Assistant Audit Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||500|
|2||Assistant Accounts Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||–|
|3||Assistant Section Officer||127|
|4||Assistant Section Officer||6|
|5||Assistant Section Officer||42|
|6||Assistant Section Officer||77|
|7||Assistant Section Officer||81|
|10||Assistant Section Officer||13|
|11||Inspector Of Income Tax||208|
|12||Inspector, (Central Excise)||2,159|
|13||Inspector (Preventive Officer)||201|
|15||Asstt. Enforcement Officer||70|
|23||Junior Statistical Officer||265|
|24||Statistical Investigator Gr. II||840|
|34||Upper Division Clerk||–|
Note- Once the 2020 notification is out, we shall update the vacancy details for it as well.
How to apply for SSC CGL Exam 2020?
You can apply for SSC CGL Exam through Online mode only.
Step 1 – Register yourself through SSC CGL official website.
Step 2- Fill the application form with required details i.e Personal, Educational, Post Name, etc.
Step 3 – Upload scanned photograph and signature as per requirements mentioned in the official notification.
Step 4 – Preview and verify the information provided by you and Submit the Application.
Step 5 – Take out the Print Out of the Application Form for future reference.
Note: Use a valid email ID that should be kept active till the declaration of results. You should keep a scanned photograph and signature ready as per requirements mentioned in the official notification.
By following these above steps, you will be able to submit your SSC CGL Form successfully.
SSC CGL Application Fee
- The application or registration fees for SSC CGL exam is Rs. 100/- for male candidates belonging to UR and OBC category.
- SC/ST, Differently abled, ex-servicemen and female candidates have been exempted from application fee.
- You have to pay the application fee via Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking. You can also pay the application fee via offline mode only through challan of SBI. You have to make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of the bank up to 29-11-2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 27-11-2019 (17:00).
SSC CGL Exam Notification- Selection Process
The SSC CGL Selection Process is based on four stages –
- Tier-I (Computer Based Exam). The objective-based exam will contain questions from General Intelligence, Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language And Comprehension
- Tier-II (Computer Based Exam). The questions will be based on Arithmetic Ability, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies-Finance and Economics
- Tier-III (Descriptive Exam). This paper consists of Descriptive Paper which includes Letter Writing and Application Writing. Letter writing includes both formal letter (letter to editor, letter to the municipality, etc) and informal letter ( letter to a friend, etc)
- Tier-IV Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test/DV. This tier consists of Document Verification and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
What is the SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria?
Educational Qualifications (As on 1st January 2020)
(A) Assistant Audit Officer/AAO (Assistant Accounts Officer) – Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute.
(B) Junior Statistical Officer – Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard. OR Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(C) Statistical Investigator Grade-II – Bachelor‟s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. Note: Statistics should be a subject in all the three years of the graduation course.
(D) All other Posts – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University.
Note: Those who are appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply but they should complete their graduation before 1st August 2018.
SSC CGL 2019-2020 Age Limit (As on 1st January 2020)
In the below-mentioned table, we have listed down the details of the age limit for the SSC CGL exam 2020.
|Statistical Investigator Grade II||Max 30 yrs|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 yrs|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 yrs|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer/SI in CBI/SI in NIA||30 yrs|
|SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics||18 – 27 yrs|
|All Other posts||Check the link provided below|
SSC CGL 2020 Age Relaxation
In the below-mentioned table, we have mentioned the details of age relaxation for the SSC CGL examination.
|Code No||Category||Age-relaxation permissible
beyond the upper age limit
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|05||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Jammu & Kashmir domiciled candidates between the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
What is the SSC CGL Exam Pattern?
The SSC CGL Exam pattern of all the stages is mentioned below. Go through the Tier-I, Tier-II exam pattern given in detail to prepare accordingly for the selection process.
Stage 1: SSC CGL Tier-1
→ It is a computer-based online test of 200 marks in 60 minutes of time duration. Every question weighs 2 marks each. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off. Checkout the below mentioned table to get subject-wise weightage details for the examination.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes
(For VH &
Stage 2: SSC CGL Tier-2
→ This is an online exam consisting of 4 papers as mentioned in the table. There is no sectional cut off. The negative marking for each wrong answer as follows:
- Paper I, Paper III & Paper IV – 0.5 marks
- Paper-II – 0.25 marks
Check out the table below to note down the subject-wise weightage of the SSC CGL exam 2020.
|Paper I||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||2 Hours
40 min extra
|Paper II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III||Statistics (Paper I & II as above)||100||200|
|Paper IV||General Studies (Finance & Economics, Paper I & II as above )||100||200|
Stage 3: SSC CGL Tier-3
→ This is a descriptive type paper of 100 marks and will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode. It will be a total of 60 minutes of time duration.
Stage 4: SSC CGL Tier-4
→ Tier-IV of the SSC CGL Recruitment Examination is Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). This test is of qualifying nature. The DEST test is for the Tax Assistant Post only.
The merit list will be prepared on the overall performance of the student in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III but you have to qualify all the tiers (i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III) separately. If you want to know the detailed
The SSC CGL Exam pattern consists of 4 Stages as mentioned above.
SSC CGL Syllabus
The SSC CGL Syllabus for every tier has been given below:
TIER-I OF THE EXAMINATION
- General Intelligence And Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language And Comprehension
TIER-II OF THE EXAMINATION
- Arithmetic Ability
- English Language & Comprehension
- General Studies-Finance and Economics
TIER-III OF THE EXAMINATION
The SSC CGL Syllabus Tier 3 consists of Descriptive Paper which includes Letter Writing and Application Writing. Letter writing includes both formal letter (letter to the editor, letter to municipality et,c) and informal letter ( letter to friend etc).
TIER-IV OF THE EXAMINATION
There is no syllabus for Tier 4 Exam. SSC CGL Tier 4 consists of Document Verification and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
SSC CGL Exam Dates
The exam dates for SSC CGL has been given in the table below:
|Starting Date of Online Application||22nd October 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||25th November 2019|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam||02.03.2020 to 11.03.2020|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier 2||14.10.2020 to 17.10.2020 (New revised dates)|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier 3||To be updated later|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier 4||To be updated later|
SSC CGL Admit Card
How to Download your SSC CGL Admit Card?
Direct Link to Download SSC CGL Admit Card
Note: The direct link is inactive now.
- Click the Direct Link given above.
- Now go to the concerned region to download SSC CGL Admit Card.
- Enter your Roll No/Registered ID No. and Date of Birth.
- Click ‘Search Status’.
- If you do not know your roll number then enter your Name (first four characters), Father’s Name (first four characters) & Date of Birth.
- Alternatively, you can also download the SSC CGL Admit Card from the Official Website.
- Click ‘Admit Card’ at the top of the Home Page and & download the SSC CGL admit card of your region.
SSC CGL Exam Cut Off
The steps to be followed to check the SSC CGL cut off have been given below:
- Visit the official website of SSC – ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Result tab
- Click on the SSC CGL result link and a pdf will be downloaded.
- Download and save the SSC CGL result pdf to check the cutoff marks
SSC CGL Cut Off is an assessment of the minimum marks that will be required to clear the SSC CGL Exam. They help in providing you a score that is most likely to be close to the official SSC CGL Cut off.
SSC CGL Answer key
How to download the SSC CGL answer key?
To download the SSC CGL answer key, you will have to follow the given steps
Step 1: You can download the SSC CGL Answer Key and Question Papers through the link given on the top of the official webpage.
Step 2: Enter your roll number and password (DOB) in the provided column.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Submit’ button after entering all the details.
Step 4: The SSC CGL Answer Key will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Download the OMR sheet and answer key for matching the responses and calculate marks.
How to Challenge the Answer key provided by SSC?
If you think that the answer provided by the commission is incorrect and your answer is correct, then you have the option to challenge the answer key. To do the same, you will have to log in using your username and password. A fee of Rs.100/- will have to be paid online per question challenged.
Steps to challenge –
- While viewing your answer key, you can see the option to ‘challenge’ on the top right corner.
- Once you click on ‘challenge’ then here’s what you need to fill your Roll number.
- Click on ‘proceed’.
- Choose a mode of payment and make the payment accordingly.
- Note that no matter how many questions you need to challenge, you can only pay Rs. 100 at a time. So you have to pay separately for each question that you want to challenge.
- After you complete the payment, click on the option ‘Fill Challenge Form’
- You will now need to fill:
- Roll No.
- Mobile Number
- Question Number
- Correct Option
- Reason (In English, Max 300 characters. No special character.)
- Hit ‘submit’
- A message will be displayed that ‘Your challenge has been uploaded properly.
SSC CGL Result 2020
Candidates can either click on the direct link or follow the steps given below to check your SSC CGL Results 2020.
|SSC CGL Result 2020- Tier I||Direct link|
|SSC CGL Result 2020- Tier II||Direct link|
|SSC CGL Result 2020- Tier III||Direct Link|
|SSC CGL Result 2020- Tier IV||Direct link|
The links will be active soon.
Steps to be followed:
- Visit the official website of SSC ssc.nic.in or Direct link is updated here as the result is out.
- Click on the Result link provided above to check SSC CGL TIER 1/2/3/4 Result.
- Download the SSC CGL Result PDF file ( File contains the roll number, name of the shortlisted candidates)
- Candidates can use CTRL-F to search the Roll no. from the list and you can save the file if shortlisted, for future reference.Attempt Free Mock Tests
This was the detailed information related to SSC CGL Recruitment Notification 2019-2020. We hope you like the details covered related to the SSC CGL Exam date, selection process, exam pattern, admit card, etc. You can also refer to the following FAQs to answer your queries. Check the Exam Preparation App which will surely assist you during the exam preparation. Along with this, you can even sign up for some exclusive courses and mock tests,
Frequently Asked Questions Related to SSC CGL Exam
Q.1. When was the SSC CGL Recruitment Notification released?
Ans. The SSC CGL Recruitment Official Notification was released on 22nd October 2019.
Q.2. When was the last date for the SSC CGL 2019-2020 application?
Ans. SSC CGL application process concluded on 25th November 2019.
Q.3. When can we download SSC CGL Admit Card?
Ans. The SSC CGL Admit Card for Tier-II will be released on the official website 14 days prior to the exam.
Q.4. What is the location for SSC CGL Job Posting?
Ans. The posting is across India. It depends on the candidates selected for the SSC CGL Job Posting.
Q.5. What is the SSC CGL selection process?
And. The SSC CGL selection process involves Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-II and Tier-IV exams. Check the above details for more information.
Q.6. How to select the SSC CGL exam center?
Ans. While applying for the SSC CGL exam, you have to select the exam center from the drop-down list.
Q.7. What is the total number of SSC CGL vacancies for the General Category?”
Ans. There’s a total of 3674 vacancies available for General Category candidates.
Q.8. What is the SSC CGL total number of vacancies?
Ans. There’s a total of 8582 vacancies.
Q.9. When will be the SSC CGL Tier-II exam dates released?
Ans. The SSC CGL Tier-II exam dates are 14th to 17th October 2020.
Q.10. What is the SSC CGL application fee?
Ans. The SSC CGL application fee is Rs.100/- for General Category. For more details refer to the information above.